- 3/4cup red sourdried cherries, pitted
- boiling water
- 2cupsunbleached white flour
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1tablespoonlemons, zest of
- 1 1/4cupsheavy cream
- 2tablespoonsbutter, melted
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Farenheit.
- Soak dried cherries in boiling water for at least 5 minutes (I chop each cherry in half first), drain and pat dry.
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar in a medium bowl, mix well with a fork.
- Add cherries and lemon zest, mix, then stir in cream until dough starts to mass in the center of bowl.
- Divide in half, and transfer each half to a floured board, and lightly knead 3-4 tiumes.
- Pat in to a circle at least 1 inch thick, and cut each loaf into six wedges.
- Place wedges on ungreased cookie sheet, and brush with butter.
- Bake for 12 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »