- 2smallzucchini, sliced about 1/4 inch thick
- 2 ripeplum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/2smallonion, finely chopped
- 4tablespoons choppedfresh cilantro
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1clovegarlic, minced
- 1largejalapeno pepper, minced(more or less to suit your taste)
- 1/2cupwhite wine
- 1/4cup slicedblack olivesor green olives
- 1cup shreddedmonterey jack cheese
- salt and black pepper(keep in mind the green olives will make it plenty salty)
- In a large skillet, combine zucchini slices, tomato, onion, cilantro, parsley, garlic, chili peppers, wine and water.
- Mix well; cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes- don’t let zucchini get mushy (and keep an eye on it; the liquid cooks down and the pan can go dry).
- Stir in the olives and cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
- Continue stirring over low heat briefly just until cheese melts.
- Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »