- 1/2lbground beef
- 1smallonion, finely chopped
- 2 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2cupbutter or margarine, melted
- 1teaspoonprepared mustard
- 8ounces shreddedcheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- In a skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl combine ketchup, milk, butter, eggs and mustard.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in the beef mixture and shredded cheese.
- Fill greased miniature muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Bake for 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »