- 1cupseasoned dry bread crumbs
- 1teaspoon mincedgarlic
- 1/2cup of your favoritepasta sauce, homemade or in the jar
- 1cup choppedonions
- 1/4cup choppedfresh basil
- 3/4lblean ground beef
- 1/2lbhot Italian sausage
- 1cup cubedmozzarella cheese, in about 1/4 inch pieces
- additionalpasta sauce, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, stir together the egg, breadcrumbs (I whir herbed dry stuffing mix in my food processor to make these), garlic, and 1/2 cup pasta sauce until well-mixed.
- Add remaining ingredients (except the garnish), and mix together well (I do the whole thing in my sturdy KitchenAid mixer, which works quite well).
- Put into a large loaf pan, top/garnish with additional pasta sauce (I like a*lot* of sauce and so use about a half-cup, but three or four tablespoons would do, too), and bake at 350 degrees F for 1 hour.
- Serve with rice, spaghetti, or scalloped potatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »