- 3 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2cup shreddedswiss cheese
- 1/2cup shreddedcheddar cheese
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- 1 1/2teaspoonsdried oregano
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 1/2teaspoondried thyme
- 1 1/2teaspoonssalt
- 2cupsnon-alcoholic beeror regularbeer
- 1/4cupvegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease and flour a 9×5-inch loaf pan.
- Mix together flour, cheeses, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, oregano, parsley, thyme and salt.
- In a small bowl, combine beer and oil.
- Make a well in center of flour mixture.
- Add beer all at once, tossing with fork until dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spread batter in prepared pan; smooth top.
- Bake bread until golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 50-55 minutes.
- Transfer pan to wire rack to cool for 15 minutes.
- Note: Keep in mind darker beers, like ales and stouts, are more flavorful than light.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »