- 1/2cupwhite flour
- 1/3cup gratedcheddar cheese(I like sharp)
- 1 1/4cupsmilk
- 6headscalendula flowers
- salt and pepper
- Break up the cauliflower into large florets.
- Steam 10 to 15 minutes, until cooked but not too soft.
- In a saucepan, melt butter.
- Add flour until a roux is formed (soft paste).
- Slowly add milk, whisking to keep smooth.
- Turn down the heat to low and simmer for about 5-10 minutes to thicken sauce.
- Stir in grated cheese, not allowing to boil.
- Remove from heat, and add in the marigold petals.
- Stir carefully.
- Place the cauliflower into a serving dish and pour the sauce over the top.
- Serves 4.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »