- 1lb driedwhite pea beans
- 8chicken drumsticks or chicken thighs(or 4 drumsticks and 4 thighs)
- 1/2lbpork sausage links or italian sweet sausage, cut in slices
- 3beef bouillon cubes or1 tablespoonbeef bouillon powder
- 1largeonion, sliced
- 1clovegarlic, chopped fine
- 1bay leaf
- 3-5sprigsfresh parsley
- 2tomatoes, sliced
- 1/4cupdry red wine
- Wash beans.
- Heat 6 cups of water to boil in a large saucepan or dutch oven.
- Add beans, cover and boil 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let stand, covered, 1 hour.
- Wash chicken, pat dry, and toss lightly with flour.
- Heat a dutch oven over moderately high heat.
- Add sausage and chicken and brown on all sides.
- Dissolve bouillon cubes or powder in 3 cups boiling water; add to meat along with onion thru tomatoes.
- Add the beans.
- Bring to a boil over medium high heat, cover and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer about 1/2 hour; beans should be tender and chicken cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir in the red wine, or alternatively, add the wine 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »