- 3/4cupoil or canola oil(good)
- 3cups gratedcarrots
- 1cupraisinsor dried currantsor driedpapayas
- 1/2cup choppedpecans
- 3/4cup choppeddried pineappleor dried mangoor driedpapayas
- 1cupwhole wheat flour
- 1 1/2cupsall-purpose flour
- 2teaspoonsbaking soda
- 2teaspoonsground cinnamon or nutmeg(can be omitted if going the tropical route)
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Grease 18 muffin cups, set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs.
- Add buttermilk, oil, honey and vanilla and mix together until well blended.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in the carrots, raisins, pecans and pinepple.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flours, baking soda, cinnamon and salt.
- Gently fold the dry ingredients into the carrot mixture and mix until just blended (don’t overmix).
- Spoon the batter into the muffin cups, filling to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until the muffins spring back when lightly pressed.
- Let cool for five minutes in the tins, then transfer to a cooling rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »