- 1tablespoonolive oil
- 1 1/4cupsgreen bell peppers, chopped
- 3/4cuponions, chopped
- 1 1/2cupssweet potatoes, peeled,cut in small cubes
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)canchicken broth
- 1teaspoonjamaican jerk spice
- 1 (17 ounce)boxfrozen potato and onion pierogies
- 1 (15 ounce)canblack beans, drained and rinsed
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat.
- Add pepper and onion.
- Cook and stir until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in small sweet potato cubes, broth and home-spice blend or jerk seasoning.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer until potato is tender, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pierogies according to package instructions.
- Drain the pierogies and divide among warm dinner plates; keep warm.
- Add black beans to the vegetable mixture and heat through.
- With a potato masher or fork, mash a small portion of the vegetable mixture against the saucepan to slightly thicken sauce.
- Spoon over the pierogies.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »