- 1cupbasmati rice
- 1/2teaspoonfennel seeds
- 1/2teaspooncardamom seeds
- salt and pepper
- Put all ingredients into a sauce pan.
- Bring water to the boil.
- Cover with a tight-fitting lid, and reduce heat to the lowest possible setting at which it will still simmer.
- Do not disturb for 15 minutes and do not remove the lid!
- After this time, remove the pan from the heat, and allow to stand for 5 minutes.
- Do not remove the lid!
- When the standing time has elapsed you may now remove the lid.
- Fluff with a fork, and add salt and pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »