- 1 1/4lbsbeets, remove greens and all but 1 inch of stems
- 2teaspoonscaraway seeds
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Wash the beets well and place them on a square of heavey-duty aluminim foil; Sprinkle them with caraway seeds.
- Fold and pinch the foil to seal the beets in the packet, put the foil pouch in the oven and bake for 50 minutes.
- Remove the packet from the oven, place in sink, and open, (be careful;the juice will stain).
- Peel the beets with a small paring kinfe and cut the beets in quarters.
- Dip the beets in the juices from the bottom of the foil packet and sprinkle some caraway seeds from the packet over them, serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »