- 6largefresh tomatoes, skinned and cored
- 1/3teaspoonblack pepper
- 2tablespoonsbutter, cut into small pieces
- 2stalkscelery, diced
- 1/2-3/4cupgreen bell peppers, diced
- 1/2-3/4cuponions, diced
- 3/4-1cupbrown sugar(or to taste)
- 2tablespoonsall-purpose flour
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- water, as needed
- Arrange tomatoes in a baking dish.
- Season with salt and pepper, then dot with butter.
- Bake at 375 F for 20 minutes.
- Mix diced veggies with brown sugar and cook over low heat in a medium pan, stirring, for about 10 minutes.
- Make a paste of flour, 1 tsp salt, lemon juice, and a small amount of water (enough to make a paste).
- Stir into the veggie mixture and cook until thick and smooth.
- Pour over baked tomatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »