- 2mediumbutternut squash(4 to 5 pounds total)
- 6-8tablespoonsunsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/4cuplight brown sugar, packed
- 1 1/2teaspoonskosher salt
- 1/2-1teaspoonfresh ground black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut off the ends of each butternut squash and discard.
- Peel the squash and cut in half lengthwise.
- Using a spoon, remove the seeds.
- Cut the squash into 1 1/4″ to 1 1/2″ cubes (large and uniform is best), and place them on a baking sheet.
- Add the melted butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- With clean hands, toss all of the ingredients together and spread out in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Roast for 45 minutes to 55 minutes, until the squash is tender and the glaze begins to caramelize.
- Turn the squash while roasting a few times with a spatula to be sure it browns evenly.
- Adjust seasonings if needed.
- Serve hot.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »