- 3cupsunbleached all purpose flour
- 1/2cupunsalted butter
- 3/4cuplight creamor heavy cream
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1pinchnutmegor cloves
- 1cupmilkor heavy cream
- 1 1/2teaspoonspure vanilla extract
- 1/2teaspoonbutterscotch extract (optional)
- 1cupbutterscotch chips
- 1/2cupwalnuts, grated (optional)
- 1/3cupbutterscotch chips, finely chopped in food processor
- 1egg white, whisked
- confectioners’ sugar (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F Line top sheet of doubled up baking sheets with parchment paper or line 8 tuna tins with muffin liners and spray inner sides with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a food processor, place the flour and butter and pulse to break up butter.
- Add sugar, baking powder, salt and nutmeg or cloves and pulse to combine.
- Turn out dough into a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and stir in cream, vanilla, butterscotch extract and egg.
- Stir to make a soft dough.
- Fold in butterscotch chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheet or into prepared tins.
- Brush tops with egg white and add ground butterscotch chips.
- Bake until browned – 16-18 minutes.
- Dust with confectioner’s sugar when cool.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »