- 2 (3 1/2 ounce)bagsmicrowave popcorn, popped(I use butter flavored)
- 1cup packeddark brown sugar
- 1/4cuplight corn syrup
- 1/4teaspoonbaking soda
- 1-2cupnuts (optional)
- Heat oven to 250°F Melt butter over low heat.
- Add next 3 ingredients and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Cover and gently boil without stirring for 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and carefully add soda and vanilla (it will froth and foam).
- Mix real well.
- Spray large baking sheet or roasting pan with cooking oil spray.
- Remove unpopped kernels from popcorn (see tip below).
- Spread popcorn (&nuts) out on pan.
- Pour caramel mixture over popcorn and mix well.
- Don’t worry if every kernel isn’t coated.
- It will get better distributed when you stir it while it is baking.
- Bake 1 hour, stirring every 15 minutes.
- Cool completely.
- Break apart and store in tightly sealed container.
- Tip: the easiest way to get the kernels out is to put all the popcorn in a large bowl.
- Shake it slightly so the kernels settle to the bottom of the bowl, then transfer the popcorn, handful by handful to the roasting pan, leaving the kernels behind.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »