Red Pepper Sauce
- 2roasted red peppers(the variety that comes in a jar)
- 1/2cupfat-free mayonnaise
- 1/4-1/2teaspooncayenne pepper
- 1/2teaspoonseasoning salt
- 3teaspoonsolive oil, divided
- 1/2onion, chopped
- 1stalkcelery, chopped
- 2eggs, beaten
- 2tablespoonsground walnuts
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 2tablespoonsfat-free mayonnaise
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1teaspooncajun seasoning
- 1/2teaspooncrab boil seasoning(like Old Bay)
- 2teaspoonsWorcestershire sauce
- 1/2teaspoonmustard powder
- 1/4teaspoon crushedcelery seeds
- 1/2teaspoonground paprika
- 1lbcrawfish meator crabmeat
- 1/2-1teaspoonhot pepper sauce
- 1cupwhole wheat bread crumbs
- Red Pepper Sauce: Puree roasted red peppers in a blender, then add mayonniase and spices.
- Set aside and refrigerate.
- Crawfish Cakes: Heat 1 teaspoons olive oil in sautee pan, sautee onion and celery until soft.
- Place in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix remaining ingredients except bread crumbs.
- Place half of seafood mixture in a blender or processor and puree and return to mixing bowl and stir together.
- Place bread crumbs evenly on a cookie sheet.
- Form about 8 patties and coat them with bread crumbs.
- Heat remaining 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a pan and cook patties in batches.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes each side until brown and crisp on outside.
- Serve with red pepper sauce.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »