- 1lbground chuck, crumbled
- 1lbpork sausage, crumbled,i like hot but mild is ok (optional)
- 1 (12 ounce)packagebacon, cut into small pieces(before cooking–partially freeze the bacon it is easier to cut up into small pieces)
- 1mediumonion, chopped coarse
- 8-16ouncesmild cheddar cheese or sharp cheddar cheese, grated(depending how cheesy you like it)
- 3 (16 ounce)canspork and beans
- 1/2-1teaspoonground oregano
- 1tablespoonbrown sugar
- brown bacon in large skillet.
- -addonion before totally brown to saute’ it.
- then add sausage and ground chuck.
- brown all the meat.
- drain all grease off.
- add pork n beans and all other ingredients (EXCEPT CHEESE) and cook on low until beans are cooked down.
- add cheese right before serving.
- you may keep the beans in a crock pot to keep them hot.
- great to take to cookouts or church dinners as they keep really well and taste great.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »