- 2cupsall-purpose flour(I use unbleached)
- 1tablespoonbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonbaking soda
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- Cut in shortening.
- Add buttermilk and mix lightly just until a ball is formed.
- Knead very briefly.
- Put on a lightly floured board and roll out to approximately 1/2″ thick.
- Cut with a floured biscuit cutter.
- Gather scraps together and re-roll and cut.
- Put on a lightly greased cookie sheet and bake in a preheated 400F oven for 12-15 minutes or until lightly browned.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »