- 2cupsfresh breadcrumbs
- 16largeshrimp, peeled and deveined with tails left on
- salt and black pepper
- 2tablespoonsfresh oregano, chopped
- 1tablespoonfresh thyme leaves, chopped
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 2tablespoons choppedfresh basil
- 1tablespoon mincedgarlic
- 4ouncesbutter, melted
- 4cupsarugula, washed
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1/2lemon, juice of
- Preheat oven to 400°.
- Spread bread crumbs on baking sheet and toast in oven until golden brown, about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and cool.
- Raise oven temperature to 500°.
- Butterfly shrimp, then turn the shrimp over and make 3 small shallow slits horizontally across the shrimp being careful not to cut all the way through to prevent shrimp from curling during cooking.
- Season with salt and pepper and set aside.
- Mix together oregano, thyme, parsley, basil and garlic and add to the bread crumbs along with salt and pepper.
- Brush baking dish with some of the melted butter, coating the bottom well.
- Dip the shrimp in the butter, opened side down, then dredge in the crumb mixture, pressing so they stick.
- Place shrimp, bread crumb side up in baking dish in one layer.
- Drizzle the tops with a little more of the melted butter.
- Bake for about 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked and bread crumbs are browned.
- Toss arugula with olive oil and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper.
- Divide among 4 plates and place 4 shrimp around pile of arugula.
- Drizzle with more butter and serve with lemon wedges.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »