- 2tablespoonsbutteror margarine
- 1cuplong-grain rice
- 1quartchicken broth
- 6tablespoonsclarified butter
- 4teaspoonsblack mustard seeds
- 1 1/2teaspoonsturmeric
- 1/4cupfresh lemon juice
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add bulgur and rice and stir for 5 minutes or until rice browns slightly.
- Mix in broth and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Heat clarified butter in heavy skillet over medium heat. Add mustard seed and cook until mustard seeds begin to pop.
- Add turmeric and salt, then the bulgur/rice mixture. Stir until hot. Stir in lemon juice.
- Serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »