- 1/4cuptamarind pulp, dissolved in
- 1cuphot water
- 150gokra, whole or chopped into 1 inch lengths
- 3/4cupfresh pineapple, cut into chunks
- 1stalkleeks, washed and chopped
- 2mediumtomatoes, washed,peeled and cut into wedges
- 1teaspoonsoy sauce
Garnishings And Flavourings
- 50mlvegetable oil
- 50g choppedshallots
- 100gbean sprouts
- 12leavesfresh Asian basil
- 6sprigsngo om or coriander(known as “ngo om” in Vietnamese)
- 2-6serrano chilies, minced
- Dissolve the tamarind in the water.
- Strain it through a fine sieve.
- Reserve the thick tamarind water.
- Discard the seeds and pulp.
- Boil the tamarind liquid with 5 cups of water in a large pot.
- Add okra, tomato wedges and pineapple.
- Boil vigorously for 3 minutes.
- Lower flame and add the leek, salt and sugar.
- Bring to a boil.
- Add the tofu cubes and soy sauce.
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Check the seasoning.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with drops of vegetable oil, shallots, bean sprouts, basil leaves, corriander and chillies.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »