- 2cupsbuckwheat flour
- 1 1/2cupswhite flour
- 1cupwater, apprx
- 1tablespoonvegetable oil
- 2garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1/4cuponions, sliced
- 6mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6cupsbeef stockor vegetable stock
- 4tablespoonssoy sauce
- 1tablespoonbalsamic vinegar
- 1/4cupyellow zucchinior green zucchini, 1/2 inch cubes, unpeeled
- 1/4cupgreen peppersor red peppers, thinly sliced(or both)
- 1/4cupfrozen peasor fresh peas
- salt & pepper
- Mix the buckwheat& white flour in a large bowl.
- Using one hand and pouring apprx 3/4 of the water into the flour swirl the flour around mixing it with the water.
- This step should be done quickly.
- set the remaining water aside.
- using both hands pick up chunks of dough squeeze and drop it back into the bowl.
- Keep doing this until the water and flour are well mixed.
- Your dough should be pliable but not sticky.
- Add remaining water if necessary.
- If you have a mixer transfer the dough to it and knead for at least 10 minutes or until the dough forms a ball and has a shiny look.
- If you do not have a mixer knead by hand as you would bread dough.
- This may take you 15 minutes or more until the dough forms a ball and has a shiny look.
- Dust a board or surfacegenerously with buckwheat flour- divide your dough in three and roll each piece out until it is apprx 1/8″ thick.
- Using a sharp knife cut into 1/4″noodles, separate them and hang on a pasta rack or spread out on paper towels.
- Continue doing this until you have cut up all the dough.
- Meanwhile have a large pot of water boiling on the stove, Have the water in a rolling boil and drop in the noodles cook for 3-5 minutes and immediately drain& rinse with cold water, rinse well& drain.
- Place noodles in a bowl.
- Heat saucepan, add oil, saute the garlic, onions and mushrooms apprx 4 minutes.
- Add stock,soy, wasabi, honey& balsamic vinegar.
- Bring to a boil, add zucchini, peas,& peppers.
- simmer for not more than 5 minutes you want the vegetables to remain crisp.
- To seve place approximately 3/4 cup of noodles (they will be cold) in the bottom of each individual soup bowl and ladle in the soup distributing the vegetables evenly and enjoy.
- For Vegetarian use only the Vegetable broth.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »