- 1smallred potato, peeled,diced
- 1smallonion or2 green onions, chopped
- 1tablespoonbell peppers, chopped(any color)
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1teaspooncanola oil
- 2largeeggs or3 largeeggs
- 1tablespoon coldwater
- 2teaspoons choppedjalapenos, to taste,remove seeds first if desired (optional)
- 1/2cupcheddar cheese, diced
- 1/4teaspoonpimiento or roasted red peppers, diced
- 1/4cup freshtomatoes, diced,for garnish
- In a nonstick skillet, cook diced potato in water over medium heat for 2 minutes, covered.
- Add onions, bell pepper, and a dash of salt& pepper and simmer, covered, 2 more minutes (adding a little water if neeed to keep things from sticking).
- Beat eggs with 1 Tbsp of cold water and set near the stove.
- Remove lid and continue cooking veggies to allow any remaining water to cook off, watching closely.
- As soon as the water is gone, add the oil and butter and let it heat until you hear a sizzle sound, stirring to coat.
- Add the eggs to the pan, stirring gently& fluffing with a fork or spatula to make curds as for scrambled eggs.
- Once eggs are almost cooked through,turn off heat and add cheese, jalapeno, pimiento, and about 1/2 tsp each salt& pepper (or to taste), stirring gently just to mix.
- Remove from heat and place cover on top briefly to melt cheese, then serve immediately.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »