- 1lb driedbucatini pastaor thickspaghetti
- 1tablespoonextra-virgin olive oil
- 6ounces good-quality thickly slicedbacon or pancetta, cut into matchstick pieces
- 3tablespoons choppedfresh parsley
- 2teaspoons finely gratedlemons, zest of
- 4ounces freshly gratedpecorino romano cheese
- fresh ground black pepper
- Bring 3 quarts lightly salted water to boil in large pot.
- Add bucatini and cook according to package directions until just tender but firm to the bite (al dente).
- Meanwhile, add olive oil to saute pan large enough to hold pasta later on.
- Over moderately high heat, saute bacon until browned and nearly crisp.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons fat.
- Quickly drain pasta, leaving few drops of water clinging to strands and add to saute pan.
- Using 2 forks, toss pasta with bacon.
- Add parsley, lemon zest and cheese and toss again.
- Cover and let rest 1 minute on very low heat to allow pasta to absorb flavors.
- Serve immediately in warm bowls with grindings of black pepper to taste.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »