- plain cook Recipes - http://www.plaincook.com -
Brunswick Stew Recipe
Posted By alice On June 26, 2011 @ 12:00 am In Recipes | No Comments
- 2quartsturkey stock
- 2lbsturkey meat
- 1rabbit(cut up)(optional)
- 1squirrel (optional)
- 5potatoes(pealed and cubed)
- 1lbbaby lima beans
- 1 1/2lbswhite shoepeg corn
- 1teaspoonfresh ground pepper
- Put stock, meat, and tomatoes in large stock pot and simmer gently.
- Add potatoes.
- Saute onions in butter and add to pot.
- Simmer this for 3 to 5 hours.
- Add limas, corn, sugar, and pepper last 30 minutes of cooking.
- Stir frequently to keep from scorching bottom of pan, or put on “reducer”.
- Correct seasoning and serve.
Article printed from plain cook Recipes: http://www.plaincook.com
URL to article: http://www.plaincook.com/brunswick-stew-Recipe-2011-06-26/
Click here to print.