- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 2/3cupunsweetened cocoa powder
- 3/4teaspoondouble-acting baking powder
- 1cupgranulated sugar
- 6tablespoonsunsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 1/2cup choppedwalnuts
- 3/4cup firmly packedlight brown sugar
- 1 1/3cupsboiling water
- Preheat the oven to 350°F Into a bowl sift together the flour, 1/3 cup of the cocoa powder, the baking powder, and the salt.
- In another bowl whisk together the eggs, the granulated sugar, the butter, the milk, and the vanilla, add the flour mixture, and stir the batter until it is just combined.
- Stir in the walnuts and spread the batter evenly in an ungreased 8-inch-square baking pan.
- In a bowl whisk together the remaining 1/3 cup cocoa powder, the brown sugar, and the water, pour the mixture over the batter, and bake the cake in the middle of the preheated oven for 35 to 40 minutes, or until a tester comes out with crumbs adhering to it.
- Serve the cake hot with the ice cream, if desired (I always desire ice cream with mine).
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »