- 4largebiscuits(refrigerated type or home made)
- 1lb bulkbreakfast sausage
- 1cup shreddedcheddar cheese
- 2 1/2cupsmilk
- 4tablespoonsunsalted butter
- 1teaspoonkosher salt
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- Prepare biscuits if not already made.
- Brown sausage in a large skillet, crumbling it as it cooks and draining any fat.
- Melt butter in a different large skillet and stir in flour.
- Cook flour, stirring, over low heat until it just starts to change color (it doesn’t need to get dark/coffee brown).
- Whisk in milk, salt and pepper and continue stirring until mixture thickens to your liking.
- If you like the gravy thicker, stir a little flour into a small amount of milk until smooth, and whisk that into the gravy; if you like it thinner, just add more milk and stir until blended.
- Cook eggs singly in a small skillet either sunny-side-up or over-easy, whichever you prefer (this is best when the yolk is still a little runny).
- For each serving, split biscuit and place on plate.
- Top biscuit with crumbled sausage and cover with fried egg.
- Cover egg with milk gravy and sprinkle with cheddar cheese.
- If you like the cheese melty, nuke it (microwave) for 30-45 seconds on high.
- Serve with hash browns or cheese grits, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »