- 1 1/2lbsbeef stew meat
- 1teaspoongarlic salt
- 1/2teaspoondried oregano
- 1/4teaspoondried basil
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- 2tablespoonsolive oil
- 1mediumonion, cut into wedges
- 3carrots, cut into chunks
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce)canbeef broth
- 2cups smallwhole mushrooms
- 2tablespoons choppedparsley
- Sprinkle meat with flour, garlic salt,oregano, basil& pepper and toss to coat evenly.
- Heat oil in Dutch oven or large pot.
- Add meat and cook over medium heat until browned on all sides, stirring occasionally.
- Add onion, carrots, beef broth and brandy.
- Cover and simmer over low heat for 1 1/2 hours or until meat is very tender.
- Add mushrooms and parsley, and simmer 10 minutes longer.
- Add crusty bread& a nice green salad and enjoy!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »