- sea salt
- fresh ground black pepper
- 4chicken breasts(or equivalent)
- 1/3cupextra virgin olive oil
- 4-5fresh rosemary
- 6clovesgarlic, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 1/2cupswhite wine
- 5anchovy fillets
- 2/3cupkalamata olives, pitted
- 4-5 ripeplum tomatoes, halved,seeded and coarsely chopped.
- In a large bowl, combine flour with salt and pepper to taste.
- Add chicken pieces and toss until evenly coated.
- Place a large flameproof casserole dish over medium-high heat, and heat olive oil.
- Add chicken pieces, and fry until golden underneath, about 5 minutes.
- Turn chicken, and add rosemary and garlic.
- Continue to fry until garlic is softened but not colored, about 3 minutes.
- Add wine.
- When it comes to a boil, add anchovies, olives and tomatoes.
- Partly cover pan, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked and tender, and broth is reduced to a rich sauce, approx 45 minutes.
- To serve, discard rosemary sprigs, and season well with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place a piece or two of chicken on each plate, and top with a spoonful of sauce.
- Serve with pasta or potatoes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »