- 12smallfennel bulbs or4-6 largefennel bulbs, quartered
- 1/4cupextra-virgin olive oil
- 3clovesgarlic, finely chopped
- 1/2teaspoonred pepper flakes
- salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and drop in the baby fennel bulbs or quartered bulbs.
- Return to a boil and cook 10 minutes, until the fennel is tender.
- Drain and set aside.
- In a frying pan large enough to hold all the fennel, heat the oil over medium-low heat, and add the garlic and red pepper flakes.
- Cook gently until the garlic has softened.
- Add the fennel and continue cooking, stirring to coat the fennel with the oil.
- Cook for an additional 5 minutes and serve hot or at room temperature.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »