- 1/2cup finely choppedbottlegourds, skinned
- 1teaspoonmustard seedsor mustard paste
- 1/2cupfresh coconut, grated or coconut pasteor milk
- 3/4cupcurds(preferrably not sour)
- 3curry leaves
- 3dried red chilies
- Boil the bottleguards in water till they are tender.
- If using mustard seeds then wet them and crush them in a mortar add to the coconut and grind into fine paste.
- add this to the cooked bottleguards, stir well and mix them nicely crushing everything together for a time or two.
- Take off the fire and let it cool.
- When cold mix in the curd.
- heta oil in a small wok, crackle the curry leaves and the chillies and pour over the curd mix– This can also be dione with beetroots– the result is more colourful than this one– it would give you a pink dip!
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »