- 2 2/3cupsmixed fruit(eg currants, raisins, golden raisins, dates, prunes, dried cherries or cranberries)
- 1/3cupmixed peel
- 1/3cupglace cherries
- 1/3cupslivered almonds
- 1/2teaspoonmixed spice(similar to pumpkin pie spice)
- 1teaspoonbicarbonate of soda
- 1cupself raising flour
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- Preheat your oven to 350f.
- Place the sugar, water, fruit, peel, glace cherries, almond, spices, soda and butter in a saucepan.
- Bring to the boil stirring constantly.
- Remove from the heat when it reaches the boil, and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Add the beaten egg, sifted flours and pour into a prepared tin-greased and lined 7 inch square or 8 inch round cake tin.
- Bake for 1 hour, allow to cool in the tin for 15 minutes before removing to cool on a rack.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »