- 2cupsall-purpose flour
- 1/2cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4cup packedbrown sugar
- 2 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1largeegg, lightly beaten
- 1/4cupbutter or margarine, melted
- 1/2teaspoon gratedlemons, rind of
- 1 (12 ounce)packageNestle Toll House Premier White Morsels, divided
- 1 1/2cupsfresh blueberriesor frozen blueberries
- 1/3cupgranulated sugar
- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 1/4teaspoonground cinnamon
- 3tablespoonsbutteror margarine
- Preheat oven to 375º F.
- Paper line 18 muffin cups.
- Combine flour, granulated sugar, brown sugar, baking powder and salt in large bowl.
- Stir in milk, egg, butter and lemon peel.
- Stir in 1 ½ cups morsels and blueberries.
- Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling almost full.
- Sprinkle with Streusel Topping (directions below).
- Bake for 22 to 25 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans for 5 minutes; remove to wire racks to cool slightly.
- Place remaining morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag.
- Microwave on MEDIUM-HIGH power for 30 seconds; knead.
- Microwave at additional 10- to 20-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut tiny corner from bag; squeeze to drizzle over muffins.
- Serve warm.
- For Streusel topping:.
- Combine 1/3 cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup all-purpose flour and ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon in small bowl.
- Cut in 3 tablespoons butter or margarine with pastry blender or two knives until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- If making in a loaf pan, grease and sugar (yes, sugar) the loaf pan and start checking for doneness at about 35 minutes.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »