- 1cupsourdough starter
- 2cups of cannedfat-free evaporated milk
- 1 1/4cupsall-purpose flour
- 1 1/4cupswhole wheat flour
- 2tablespoonssugar or Splenda sugar substitute(I used Splenda sugar substitute without a problem)
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 4tablespoons meltedbutter
- 1 1/2cups freshly washedblueberries
- maple syrup
- Pour milk into small saucepan and warm slightly.
- Combine the milk, flour, sugar, salt and baking soda.
- Slightly beat the eggs and add to flour mixture.
- Mix until thoroughly blended then stir in melted butter.
- Add the Sourdough starter and blueberries.
- Stir until combined.
- Allow dough to rest about 10 minutes.
- Allowing a well rounded 1/4 cup of batter for each pancake, cook over medium heat on a preheated griddle until bubbles appear.
- Turn and continue continuing until cooked through and browned on both sides.
- Serve while warm with pure Maple syrup.
- If using batter for waffles the yield will be different and manufacturers cooking recommendations should be followed.
- I used a Belgian waffle maker which produces a 5×5 inch waffle.
- Each waffle required a scant 1/2 cup of batter.
- The cooking time is an estimate per pancake.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »