- 3cupsfresh blueberries
- 1tablespoon gratedlemons, zest of
- 1tablespoonfresh lemon juice
- 1/2cupsugar, plus
- 1refrigerated pie crust
- 1tablespoon coldbutter, cut into pieces
- 1egg, beaten
- gratedlemons, zest of(to garnish)(optional)
- cooking spray
- preheat oven to 425.
- line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non stick spray.
- in a large bowl stir together blueberries, cornstarch, lemon zest and juice, 1/2 c sugar, cinammon and salt until combined.
- unwrap the pie dough and unfold onto a baking sheet.
- spoon the berry mixture into the center of the dough, leaving a 1 inch border.
- fold the edge of dough over the berries, pleating.
- dot butter over top of blueberries, brush the pastry with beaten egg.
- sprinklepastry edge with remaining sugar.
- bake for 25-30 minutes until bubbling.
- garnish with grated zest, if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »