- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1/2cupoat bran
- 1/2cupflax seed meal
- 1/3cup splendasugar substitute
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1teaspoonbaking soda
- 1cuplow-fat buttermilk
- 1/2cupunsweetened applesauce
- 1egg, lightly beaten
- 1lemon, zest of, finely grated
- 1/2teaspoonlemon extract
- 1 1/2cupsfresh blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spary a 12 cup, non-stick muffin tin with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, mix flour, oat bran, flaxseed, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the Splenda, sugar, buttermilk, applesauce, egg, lemon zest, and lemon extract, mixing until just combined.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- Pour the batter into the muffin cups.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin is removed clean.
- Cool 5 minutes in pan, then remove muffins and place on a wire rack to finish cooling.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »