- 2lbsblack currants, with a few leaves(about 7 cups)
- 4cupsbrandyor eau de vie
- 1 1/2cupssugar
- Put the bunches of black currants, with their leaves, in a wide mouthed glass jar or a stoneware bottle.
- Pour in the alcohol, cover tightly and let macerate for about two months.
- Drain the flavored alcohol from the fruit.
- Mix the SUGAR and WATER, and bring just to a boil.
- Cool this syrup and add it to the alcohol.
- Bottle and cork.
- Keep the bottles of liqueur for one month before opening.
- To make about 2 quarts.
- Je Sais Faire Les Conserves.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »