- cooking spray
- 1mediumonion, chopped
- 2sweet green peppersor sweet red peppers, seeded & diced
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 3cups cookedblack beans, drained
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- 1tablespoonfrozen orange juice concentrate
- 2mediumtomatoes, chopped
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2teaspoonsground cumin
- 1teaspoondried oregano
- 2tablespoonsdark rumor dry sherry
- 3cupscooked rice
- chopped tomatoes
- choppedhot green chili peppersor jalapeno peppers
- lemon wedges
- orange wedges
- bananas, sliced
- choppedfresh cilantro
- sour creamor yogurt
- Spray and heat large heavy saucepan over medium low heat.
- Add onion and sauté, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add pepper and garlic and sauté 3 more minutes.
- Add beans through oregano and simmer 8 minutes, adding water if it gets too dry and starts to stick.
- Mix 1 cup of bean mixture with rum and mash to a paste with a fork or in the blender or food processor.
- Add paste back into the pot, cover and simmer over low heat 20 minutes.
- Serve over rice.
- Offer onion through sour cream, each served in its own small dish, as condiments.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »