- 1lbdried black beans
- 1/2teaspoonblack pepper
- 1bay leaf
- 1teaspoondried thyme
- 1teaspooncumin powder
- 4beef bouillon cubes, crumbled
- Put the black beans into an airtight glass container.
- In a small bowl, mix together the remaining ingredients.
- Transfer to a small air tight container.
- Include the following directions with the container of beans and spices: Soak the beans in water to cover, overnight in a large soup pot.
- Drain the beans and set aside.
- In a large soup pot, heat 2 tablespoons oil.
- Add in 1 medium chopped onion and 1/2 pound sliced polish sausage; saute over medium-high heat until onion is translucent.
- Add in the beans and spice mixture; stir.
- Add in 8 cups water; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat and simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours or until beans are tender.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »