- 9lasagna noodles
- 2 (15 ounce)cansblack beans, rinsed and drained
- nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2cup choppedonions
- 1/2cup choppedgreen sweet peppers
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce)canstomato sauceor tomato sauce, with seasoning(ROTEL-Diced tomatoes with green chilies works great)
- 1/4cup fresh snippedcilantro
- 1 (12 ounce)containerlow fat cottage cheese
- 1 (8 ounce)packagereduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/4cuplight sour cream
- slicedtomatoes (optional)
- fresh cilantro leaves (optional)
- Cook noodles according to package directions; drain.
- Mash one can of the beans and set aside; Lightly coat a large skillet with cooking spray; add onions, green sweet pepper, and garlic; Cook and stir over medium heat until tender but not brown, add the mashed beans,unmashed beans, tomato sauce, and snipped cilantro; heat through.
- In a large bowl combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream;set aside.
- Spray a 3-quart rectangular baking dish with nonstick coating; arrange 3 of the noodles in the dish; Top with one-thrid of the bean mixture, then spread one-thrid of the cheese mixture,repeat layers twice, ending with bean mixture;RESERVE the remaining cheese mixture.
- Bake, covered, in a 350 degree oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through; DOLLOP with reserved cheese mixture, Let stand 10 minutes, Garnish with tomatoes slices and cilantro if desired.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »