- 1lbblack beans, soaked, cooked, and drained
- 1lbboneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2teaspooncumin powder
- 1/2teaspoongarlic powder
- 1/4teaspoonblack pepper
- 2largeonions, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce)cansdiced tomatoes, one can drained only
- 2 (14 ounce)canschicken broth(I use 99% fat free)
- 2tablespoonsgarlic powder
- 2teaspoonsblack pepper
- Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- Cook on medium high heat in small about of oil, until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned, or about 5-7 minutes.
- Combine all ingredients and cooked chicken in crockpot.
- Stir well, and taste to make sure spices are how you like them.
- Cook on high heat one hour, then low for 3-4 hours, or for however long you need it to cook.
- It will be done when you are ready for it.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »