- 1cupmung dal
- 1/2teaspoonturmeric powder
- 1teaspoonamchur(dry mango powder)
- 1teaspooncumin powder
- 1teaspoonred chili powder
- 1teaspooncumin seeds
- cilantro(to garnish)
- Soak the mung dal in water for 1 hour, drain and keep aside.
- Heat water in a pan, add salt, turmeric and the soaked mung dal.
- Cook the mung dal on low flame with closed lid until all the water has evaporated and the mung is cooked but not soggy.
- Remove from fire, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the rest of the spices.
- Heat oil in a small wok crackle the cumin seeds in it and pour it over the dal.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve with sindhi Phulkas or paranthas and mixed vegetable pickle.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »