- 3eggs, separated
- 1 (11 ounce)boxvanilla wafers
- 5medium ripebananas, slices
- 8ouncesCool Whip
- Mix sugar, flour and salt in pan over medium to medium high heat.
- Blend in egg yolks and milk.
- Cook, uncovered 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Put vanilla wafers on bottom of 1 1/2 quart baking dish.
- Spread small amount of custard on top of wafers.
- Top with enough sliced bananas to cover custard.
- Repeat steps of wafers and custard, ending with custard on top.
- Either 2 to 3 layers, depending on thickness of custard.
- Let cool.
- Then top with Cool Whip, sealing the custard.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »