- 1/4cupall-purpose flour
- 3/4cupgranulated sugar
- 2tablespoonssesame seeds, toasted
- ice water(large bowl)
- peanut oil, the best to use
- Peel bananas and cut them into 1.
- 5″ chunks Combine flour, cornstarch, egg, water and mix till smooth.
- Heat frying oil till moderately hot.
- Dip the banana chunks into the batter, lift them out one at a time, tap off the excess batter and put them into the hot oil.
- Fry for 1-2 minutes, till the batter is golden.
- Lift them out right away and drain on paper towels.
- Have the bowl of ice water nearby.
- Put sugar and sesame seed in a clean dry pot, melt the sugar till it darkens a little.
- Reduce heat to very low, just to keep it warm but not burned.
- Dip the fried banana chunks in, a few at a time, coat them thoroughly with sugar syrup and sesame.
- Lift them out into the ice water to harden, then lift them right now.
- Serve right away with vanilla ice cream.
- This dish doesn’t freeze at all, and you should serve it right away.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »