- 1 1/2cupsflour
- 3 1/2teaspoonsbaking powder
- 1/2teaspoonground cardamom (optional)
- 1 well beatenegg
- 3tablespoons meltedshortening(butter or canola oil works)
- Mix floor, baking powder, salt, sugar and cardamom.
- combine egg, milk and shortening; the amount of milk to use will depend upon the thickness of pancakes desired (like thick butter milk works well).
- pour into flour mixture and stir just enough to moisten the dry ingredients.
- do not beat!
- preheat griddle and medium to low heat.
- for ease, pour mixture onto griddle with soup laddle.
- flip when pancakes are covered with bubbles.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »