- extra virgin olive oilor canola oil or safflower oil, for deep frying(I use extra virgin, but Canola or Saflower oil is also okay to use)
- 1tablespoononion soup mix
- 1cupall-purpose flour
- 1teaspoonbaking powder
- 1tablespoonDijon mustardor prepared mustard
- 1/2cupbeer(of your choice)
- 8ouncesbroccoli florets
- 8ouncescauliflower florets
- 8ounces smallbutton mushrooms
- 8ounceszucchini, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds(Do Not Peel)
- In a deep fryer, add oil as per directions for your deep fryer and heat to 375°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, add onion soup mix, flour, baking powder, eggs and mustard and whisk until smooth and well blended.
- Add beer and mix with a spoon to blend.
- Let batter rest for about 10 minutes before using.
- Prepare vegetables, rinse and pat dry with paper towels.
- Dip veggies into batter, drop into hot oil in batches and deep fry until golden brown, turning at least once.
- When done, remove and place on paper towelling to absorb excess oil.
- Serve hot with your favorite dipping sauce or Uncle Bill’s Garden Dip.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »