- 1lbbeef stew meat
- 3onions, chopped
- 6carrots, diced
- 1lbbutton mushrooms, sliced
- 8cupsbeef broth(use low sodium if you prefer)
- 1teaspoongarlic salt
- 1teaspoondried basil
- 2dashesTabasco sauce
- Remove visible fat from beef and cut into small pieces.
- Brown meat (in 1 tsp olive oil if desired).
- Add onions and mushrooms and saute for 10 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients, bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for at least 2 hours.
- You can add some water if soup gets too thick.
- Pour into bowls and serve.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »