- 1 1/2cups10 bean soup mix
- 6cups coldwater
- 1largeonion, chopped
- 2largecarrots, chopped
- 3hot Italian sausages or italian sweet sausage, sliced
- 1 (28 ounce)candiced tomatoes, undrained
- 1teaspoonchili powder
- 1pinchground cloves
- 2tablespoonsdry sherry (optional)
- 1tablespoonlemon juice
- salt and pepper
- Rinse the bean mix, cover generously with cold water, and let soak for 8 hours or overnight.
- In a large saucepan, combine the bean mixture with 6 cups water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce the heat, cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.
- Add the onions, carrots, sausage, tomatoes, chili powder and cloves.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the flavours are well blended.
- Stir in the sherry, lemon juice, salt and pepper.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »