- 1 (14 ounce)packagesmoked turkey sausage(regular would probably work)
- 2 (3 ounce)bagsboil-in-the-bag rice(such as Success Rice)
- 9-18ounces bottledbarbecue sauce(I used KC Masterpiece original)
- Cut sausage into pieces.
- Place sausage into non-stick skillet on medium heat and brown, stirring/turning often, until sausage begins to brown slightly.
- Turn heat to low-medium and continue to brown/”fry.
- Start the boil-in-bag rice according to package directions.
- After you have started the rice, add BBQ sauce to sausage in skillet.
- (add to your taste).
- Turn heat to low and continue to stir the sausage/bbq sauce mix.
- When rice is finished according to package directions, remove from bags into bowl.
- Place serving of rice on plate, then cover with serving of sausage/bbq mix.
- I added extra bbq sauce to taste when serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »