- 1/2cupolive oil
- 6clovesgarlic, sliced thin
- 1/2baguette, slightly stale,sliced thin(about 12″)
- 4cupschicken brothor water
- 1/2teaspoonhot red pepper flakes (optional)
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, and fry it, stirring with a wooden spoon, for 2 to 3 minutes, until it is golden.
- Take care the garlic does not burn.
- Add the bread, and turn it several times so that it absorbs the oil.
- Sprinkle it with the paprika, and toss well.
- Add the water or broth, and cook for 10 to 15 minutes, stirring, until the soup is heated through and well blended and the bread has absorbed much of the liquid.
- Season to taste with salt and, if you like, the pepper flakes.
- Just before serving the soup, crack the eggs, and slide them onto the surface of the soup, taking care not to break the yolks.
- Let the eggs cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until they are set.
- Serve the soup by spooning it gently into shallow bowls, allowing 1 egg per serving.
Posted in Recipes | No Comments »